- Ph.D. Research Seminar: Ecological Economics
- Ph.D. Research Seminar: Ethics and Environmental Values
- Ph.D. Research Seminar: Philosophy of Science — Ontology, Epistemology, Methodology
- Ph.D. Research Seminar: Research Methods and Publication
- Ph.D. Advanced Methods Course: Evaluation and the Environment — Theory and Practice
- M.A. Socio-Ecological Economics & Policy: International Institutions, Governance and Policy Evaluation
- M.A. Socio-Ecological Economics & Policy: Methodology for Interdisciplinary Research
- M.A. Socio-Ecological Economics & Policy: Environmental Change and Policy I (Concentration Area)
- M.A. International Management (CEMS): Climate Change Strategy Role Play
University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy 1996-2001
- Part IA, IB and Part II, Department of Land Economy Examiner
- Tripos Paper 1: Welfare Economics Lecturer, examiner
- Tripos Paper 5: Land and Environmental Economics Lecturer, examiner
- Tripos Paper 11: Land Markets and Public Policy Lecturer, examiner
- Part II Inter-Departmental Conservation Biology Module Lecturer
- Seminar Paper in Environmental Law & Economics Supervisor
- CRE Discussion Group Monthly Seminars Organiser
- M.Phil. Land Economy Examiner
- M.Phil. Subject 2: Investment Analysis Lecturer
- M.Phil. Subject 11: Ecological & Environmental Economics Coordinator/lecturer, examiner
- M.Phil. Subject 12: Public Policy Evaluation Lecturer
- M.Phil. Land Economy Option A & B Dissertations Supervisor, 10 students
- Ph.D. Land Economy Supervisor, 4 students
University of Stirling, Scotland 1990-1996
- 4111 Introductory Microeconomics. Tutor, examiner
- 4112 Introductory Macroeconomics. Tutor, examiner
- 4113 Intermediate Microeconomics. Principal lecturer, tutor, examiner
- 41A4 Intermediate Macroeconomics. Tutor, examiner
- 41N6 Environmental Economics. Coordinator, lecturer, tutor, examiner
- 41NG Political Economy of Natural Resources. Coordinator, lecturer, tutor, examiner
- 41NH Applications in Natural Resource Economics. Coordinator, lecturer, tutor, examiner
- 41B6 Public Sector Economics. Examiner
- B.Ed/M.Ed Economic Context of Education Policy Making in Developing Countries. Lecturer, examiner
- M.Sc. Environmental Management
- Project Appraisal: CBA & environmental valuation Coordinator, lecturer, examiner.
- Environmental Economics Coordinator, lecturer, tutor, examiner
- M.Sc. Information Systems Management
- Public Sector Project Appraisal. Examiner
- Dissertation Supervision 1991-1994
- Doctoral Supervision 2 Students
- B.A., Hons. Economics 5 Students
- B.Sc., Hons. Environmental Science and Economics 2 Students
- M.Sc. Environmental Management 10 Students
- M.B.A. 4 Students
Lincoln University, New Zealand 1993-1994
- ECON 314 Environmental Economics Lecturer, tutor
University of Wyoming, United States of America 1987-1990
- ECON 301 Principles of Microeconomics Tutor
- ECON 302 Principles of Macroeconomics Tutor
- ECON 440 Economics of the Environment Lecturer
- ECON 602 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory Lecturer
- ECON 641 Natural Resource Economics Lecturer
- ECON 671 Comparative Economic Systems Lecturer
Other Course and Teaching Involvement
Norwegian University of Life Sciences June 2012
- Thor Heyerdahl Summer School in Environmental Governance: Global Environmental Governance, Lecturer
Centre for Social Studies, School of Economics, University of Coimbra, Lousã, Portugal July 2011
- 2nd Critical Economics Summer School. Environmental Values and Public Policies, Guest Lecturer
Norwegian University of Life Sciences June 2011
- Thor Heyerdahl Summer School in Environmental Governance: Institutions for Sustainable Development, Lecturer
Agricultural University of Norway 16th October 2001
- Climate Change: Ethics and Politics Guest Lecturer
International Honors Program in Global Ecology 2nd November 2000
- Economic Assessment of Global Climate Change Guest Lecturer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA February 2000
- Ecological Economics Guest Lecturer
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain 20th September to 1st October 1999
- Advanced Course in Decision Tools and Processes for Integrated Environmental Assessment Lecturer
Australian National University, Canberra 2008-2011 Supervisor: Alex Y. Lo, Anthony M. Ryan.
University of Aberdeen 2002-2005 Ph.D. Co-Supervisor, Rodd Dyer
Australian National University, Canberra 1999-2001, Research School of Social Sciences External Supervisor, Simon Niemeyer
University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy 1996-2001. Supervisor, Edmundo Claro, Alfonso Salinas, Mauricio Villena; Substitute Supervisor Kevin Urama.
- PhD Dissertation, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway, 2009.
- PhD Dissertation, Department of Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, 2001.
- PhD Dissertation, Faculty of Science and Engineering, The University of Edinburgh 2000.
- PhD Dissertation, Economics Department, University of Strathclyde, 2000, 2001.
- MSc. in Ecological Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Edinburgh, 1997-2000.
- PhD Dissertation, Economics Department, University of Cambridge, 1997.
- MSc. Dissertation, Master of Commerce and Management, Lincoln University, New Zealand, 1994.
- M.A. Course in Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business 2012-Present
- Master and Doctoral Programme in Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development Policy 1998-2001 Socrates Programme Project No. 2864-IC-1998-1-UK-Erasmus-EPS-1, Grant of 15,154 Euro for curriculum development (joint with Universities of Barcelona, Keele, and Versailles).
- MPhil course in Ecological and Environmental Economics, University of Cambridge, 1996-2001.
- Established BSc degree in Ecological Economics, University of Stirling, 1994.
- Think Tank for course on Ethics and Aesthetics, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, University of Strathclyde, (1992-1993).
- Three course options developed while at Stirling University (1990-1996): Political Economy of Natural Resources, Applications in Natural Resource Economics, Environmental Economics.